Monday, September 19, 2011

Well Hello There!

Welcome!

Ok, so...I don't know about you...but...when I pick up a box of macaroni and cheese, I cringe when I read the list of ingredients. I quickly put that box back on the shelf and begin a quest to find that same dish using *real* ingredients. Guess what? A majority of the time I can find that recipe online or in a cookbook of mine and usually it's with ingredients I can pronounce.

My main purpose here is to inspire others to bring back healthier cooking by keeping things whole, fresh, simple, and mostly from scratch. Above all, I'd like to keep it fun and non-intimidating. My recipes will be diverse from clean, healthy foods to baked desserts with the common denominator being that they are mostly whole foods without preservatives or weird stuff you can't pronounce.

Though this blog is still in its infant stages, I would like to eventually include posts on crockpot cooking, time-saving tips for busy moms/workaholics who want to avoid resorting to fast food, reviews on health food restaurants, guest blog posts, ways to eat healthy on the cheap, organizing menus, and other snippets of information that might be handy to keep things "real" in the kitchen. Stay with me through this journey!

Thanks for visiting and let's get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment