Monday, September 19, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake


I'm a little late in posting this but wanted to include. This summer, I got festive with my 4th of July dessert. I wanted something both appealing to the eye as well as to the stomach. Nothing says Independence Day like red, white, and blue and what other way to celebrate than with good old strawberry (and blueberry) shortcake? I found the following Alton Brown shortcake recipe  online. The shortcake was so simple to make, it's almost a sin to get it from a store when most of the ingredients can be found in the common pantry. Add to it some all-natural Breyer's ice cream, a dallop of whipped cream, some in-season fruit and you have yourself a party on a plate.

{carefully spooned batter on parchment paper lined baking sheet}

 {right out of the oven}

{strawberry shortcake with blueberries and vanilla ice cream}

This strawberry shortcake?: Refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment