Monday, September 19, 2011

Copycat Boston Market Dill Potatoes

{copycat boston market dill potatoes}

Warning: If you don't like butter (and I mean tons of it), skip this post.  

It's possible that I can blame my Irish roots for this one, but I've never met a potato I didn't like. Potato salad, baked potato, boiled, scalloped, twice-baked, etc. You name it, I like it. That is why it was only natural that I find a copycat potato side dish recipe from one of my local fast-food restaurants. I have no idea what the original ingredients are for the recipe, but I found this recipe online and knew I had to make them immediately. Ok, so the tons of butter that the recipe calls for is not exactly the most healthy. I personally think that you can use the butter sparingly just enough to coat the potatoes with the seasonings and then add to it at the dinner table if you feel you want more. Or not. I threw it all in since I normally eat vegetables plain with no butter--why not splurge just this once? 

{small red-skin potatoes to be boiled}

{boiled potatoes + seasonings + butter=woah!}


The result: the dill brings a lovely taste to these potatoes and the butter and garlic make this one of the most comforting foods I have ever made. Butter lovers, unite! One word to describe these potatoes: satisfying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment