Monday, September 19, 2011

Funfetti Cupcakes from Scratch!

The inspiration for my first blog post occurred on a not-so-unusual day like today. I invited some  friends over for a little cupcake birthday party for their daughter. The next day, kids in tow, I headed to the grocery store looking for the perfect boxed cupcake mix. Funfetti cupcakes came to mind. I eagerly grabbed the box and then I glanced over at my children. It was like something out of a movie. My inner voice said to me, How innocent and perfect are they? How can I feed them or any of the kiddos who were coming over propylene glycol monoesters (an actual ingredient in the mix)? My mission was clear. I had to find that same mix recipe somewhere else with ingredients I felt good about serving to others.

When I got home, I found this recipe. I felt good about this. At 1:00 a.m., the only time I had to make these yummy delights, I still felt good about this.

{paisley cupcake liners up the cuteness factor}

{I decided to tweak the recipe by putting sprinkles IN the cake batter, not just in the icing}





{heaven}

To say that these were good would be an understatement. The cake was fluffy, moist, and rich--unlike any cupcake I've ever had, period, let alone out of a box. The icing was buttery, tangy from the cream cheese, and smooth. These cupcakes in a word: heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment