Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Let's Wrap Things Up

{fresh tomato, baby spinach, avocado and hummus on a whole wheat tortilla with organic red apple slices}

I've been running around like a madwoman lately with various appointments and places to be. In my post yesterday I had mentioned that my body craves clean food when I'm running a little ragged and need an energy boost. Today was one of those days. I didn't have a lot of time to make myself lunch but wanted to whip up something with lots of vegetables, a nice creamy spread, and a hearty bread. This wrap met all of those needs! I love wraps because they are so versatile. You can pretty much put anything in them; you can even make a breakfast burrito out of the tortilla!  

We were lucky enough this year to have a beautiful vegetable garden, compliments of my husband. There is something about knowing where your food comes from and the process of growing it yourself that is so satisfying--even if it's just herbs on the windowsill. Doesn't get much more local and "green" than that! For this particular post, I used our garden fresh tomatoes for my wrap.

{spread hummus on whole wheat tortilla, add fresh tomatoes, avocado, and spinach. A dash of pepper and roll it, "cigar style"}

{healthy, fresh, simple. what could be a more perfect? }

Note: Some turkey slices, alfalfa sprouts, and/or julienne carrots would have also been a nice addition to this quick and easy lunch. Next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment