Monday, September 19, 2011

Not-So-Ordinary Salad

I love me a good salad. If I go a few days eating a little less than healthy, my body gets confused and I end up craving clean foods which usually includes a hearty salad. However, let's admit it. Salads can be boring. I found a really great link from one of my favorite blogs, Cupcakes and Cashmere, entitled "101 Simple Salads for the Season" (link can be found here). The author of Cupcakes and Cashmere added avocados, which I also added into the mix. I dare you to try some of these sophisticated yet simple creations to test your taste buds. I happened to make #2 on the list. The result was an alluring combination of sweet (tomatoes and peaches) and spicy (red pepper flakes). The cilantro and onions added a wonderful earthiness to the dish. This recipe in a word: unexpected.

{mouth-watering!}

No comments:

Post a Comment